1. You must be aged 18 or above on 26th February 2023.
2. You must be resident of the UK (incl. Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. You must be able to commit to all the filming days which are currently expected to be up to 30 days over a 9 to 10 week period during AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER 2023, dates will be confirmed to you should your application be successful.
4. Please note, in order to minimise risks in relation to Covid-19, certain health and safety protocols may need to be put in place (e.g. testing, health checks and social distancing) and we will be able to confirm details nearer to the time.
5. All information supplied by you as part of the application for the programme (including in relation to any criminal charges, convictions or proceedings) must be true and accurate.
6. You must not work (nor have recently worked) for or have any business or financial connection with Love Productions or Channel 4 or an affiliate of either.
7. You are not a close relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister) or close friend of anyone who is an employee or contractor of Love Productions or Channel 4 or an affiliate of either or anyone working on, appearing in or connected with the programme.
8. You are not a professional potter, meaning that you do not work full time as a potter, either at home or in a professional environment, nor does your main source of income derive from commercial ceramics or pottery.
9. The production team's decisions regarding the application and audition process and the selection of applicants for the programme are entirely at their discretion, final and incontestable.
10. You cannot be, nor have ever been, a Fellow or a Selected member of the Craft Potters Association (CPA) nor can you be judged, by us, to be at that level.
11. If you are chosen to participate in the programme, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide Love Productions with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application.
12. You warrant that any material submitted by you as part of your application, in whatever form, including any written material, drawings and photographs (“Material”):-
13. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with or an undertaking by Love Productions for you to appear in the programme. Love Productions has no obligation to produce the programme and even if the programme is produced there is no obligation on Love Productions, Channel 4 or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit, promote, publicise or advertise the programme or to include you in the programme.
14. You must at all times keep all information about the application and audition process for the programme strictly confidential and must not give anyone any information or material or make any public statement or publish any photographs at any time by any means (including without limitation on blogs, websites and/or social networking platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc.) about the application or production process and/or the Programme or any other person involved in such processes. This confidentiality applies and continues whether or not you are selected to take part in the Programme or remain actively involved in the Programme. You are not permitted to respond to any approach from the press or anyone else enquiring about the application or production process, anyone else involved in the process and/or anything about the Programme and will refer any such enquiries immediately to Love Productions.
15. Love Productions can only accept application forms either online via applyforpotterythrowdown.co.uk or by post. Love Productions will not accept applications sent via email.
16. The deadline for applications is 12pm on Tuesday 2nd May 2023 (or such other date as Love Productions may determine) (the “Deadline”). If you have not heard from a member of the Love Productions team by phone or email by Friday 23rd June 2023, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time.
17. You can at any time request that your application be withdrawn/deleted by: (a) writing to us at Take Part Applications, The Great Pottery Throw Down, 15 Macklin St, London WC2B 5NG; or (b) sending an email (provided, in the case of an online application, such email is sent by you from the email account with which you made your registration), with subject heading ‘Delete my Application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your full name as it appears on your application. Please note that if your application is withdrawn/ deleted prior to the Deadline you will not be considered as a potential participant in the Programme unless you make a further application prior to the Deadline, nor will you be able to use the Application Website unless you register again.
18. You can only apply once to each series of the programme. If applying online, you must only set up one login to the application website. If Love Productions believes that any applicant has more than one log in or that an applicant has submitted more than one application (per series of the programme), Love Productions may decide not to consider that applicant to take part in the programme.
19. You cannot have been convicted of any serious crime. Details of convictions should be listed on the application form.
20. If you are assisting or making an application on behalf of someone else, you must have their permission before submitting the application and consents contained within the application must be given by the applicant themselves.
23. If you are requested to participate in an audition for the programme, you will be asked to sign a Casting Release Form, which governs your participation in such audition(s).
24. By submitting your application form, you agree, if you are selected to take part in the programme, to sign a contributor consent form which governs the terms of your participation in the programme and under which you will grant Love Productions (and its licensees and assigns including Channel 4) all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright (and afterwards so far as possible in perpetuity) to copy, edit and/or use at their sole discretion the product of your contribution to the programme for any purposes connected with the programme, the promotion and advertising thereof and all other rights (including all allied and ancillary rights) in the programme by any means and in any and all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity.
26. Love Productions reserves the right to make changes to these Rules of Entry and/or the Deadline at any time.